Modified: 01 May 2018
1.2. Notice Concerning Children
Although this is a general audience site, it does not direct any of the content specifically at children under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 16, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
2. Collection of Personal Information
What basic information does the website collect?
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process:
* Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
* Information that you provide when you complete your profile on our website. You may be asked to provide your name, profile pictures, , interests and hobbies and educational details.
* Information that you provide when you subscribe to our email notifications or newsletter;
* Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address]);
* Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
* Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/ or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
* Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
* Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
* Information that you choose to send us.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
What does the company do with collected personal information?
3.1 The personal information that is submitted to us through this website or collected to provide our services will be used for the specific purposes specified in this policy. Your personal information may be used to:
* Administer our website and its associated products and services;
* Personalise our website and its products and services;
* Provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
* Provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information;
* Inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products. If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in;
* Send you products purchased via our website;
* Send you marketing and non-marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of affiliated third parties;
* Send you email or social notifications that you have specifically requested;
* Contact you with enquiries and complaints in relation to this website or any of its approved representatives;
*Ensure that our website is secure;
*Prevent fraud and other illegal financial activities including money laundering and terrorism activities;
* Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website, its products and services;
3.2 We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services. If you submit personal information to us for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use the information provided in accordance with the permission granted to us.
3.3 You have the right to limit the publication of your information on our website, which can be adjusted using privacy controls.
3.4 We will not, without your written consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of third-party marketing.
3.5 Our website financial transactions are handled through our approved payment services provider Payoneer and PayPal. Please review their privacy policies at www [dot] payoneer [dot] com and www [dot] paypal [dot] com respectively. We will only share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
4. Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your information:
* To employees, officers, advisors, suppliers or consultants insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
* To our subsidiaries, affiliates and ultimate holding company, Byde Mill Technologies and its subsidiaries insofar as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
* To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to legal and/ or regulatory authorities;
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
6. Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the Caribbean for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
7. Third Party Links/ Websites
8. Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
9. Contact Information
If you have any question about this policy, our practices or if you would like to have your information removed, contact me by using the website contact form, or send an email to accounks [at] gmail [dot] com.
10. Updates and Changes
This site and its owner reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.